Well, it is not a funny enough joke, but I just so happy that I made a new Merlin figure by myself!!!! I just always could not figure out why the designer did not add the WAIST on their body, WHYYYYYYYY? They can’t sit and bend any, even the Morgana and Gaius are can’t act much as normal figures, just because they wear in a dress?(sorry Gauis. :P)
Anyway, with my lovely co-worker who always play toy and figures together, we spent some weeks to find a another figure is 3 3/4 inches and looks suitable for Arthur, then we done it! :) A little bit proud ourself, although I know this one isn’t pretty enough, but in fact, we just searched from the ebay or some our local webshop, finally found the target one that in a small toy store. How easily, right?
Now then, no matter what you want is a NURSE king Arthur, or a NINJA sorcerer Merlin, there are some steps:
- First, buy some Merlin figures. (Actually I had bought two set of them…then I would have enough bold to do the weird surgery. :P)
- Secondable, find some 3 3/4 inches to 4 inches’ figures just any clothing what you want, and be care one thing - the most important thing - watch out the figures’ skin color! Probably take the Merlin figure to the shop then match the faces color with the future one’s hand and neck, it would be more suitable than the size problem.
- Then I suppose you had done the first and second step, now it’s the time to do the tiny little surgery!—-Exchange those head!
- Well, sounds charming and easily, but you know what? those mini figures might as weaker as the barbie doll while your childhood play with. They’re too small to destory from your big palm, just be careful like a mother who born a baby… anyway, you are trying to make a new one, so…sort of. LOL. To bend, turn, or distort of the head, but not pull it. Because you may change back to the Camelot’s dress probably, be careful. And if too tight, put in the warm water for short while, let the PVC or some figure made stuff been more softer than before , done! (My figure lover co-worker told me something useful like that, HAHA.)
- And the time, while you want put the Merlin figures’ head on the other figures’ neck, you probably meet the “head’s hole is too small to put on the neck stick” ‘s problem, but still easy, take a knife to scrape off extra stuff of the neck.(not to scrape the merlin’s figure head hole because it would be a terrible tragic if someday you want play with the Camelot dress again.) If the neck extra is bigger then you thought, be patient and try to make it looks like a number 8, that’s means you might make the figure that could turn it’s head on the new body, great isn’t it?
- Now,finish all steps? Congratulation!!!! You have a AU Merlin figure!!!!Yeah!!!
At least, sorry for my poor gibberish english, i’m really have no time to correct my grammar… and I both know the picture is not really good and haven’t enough light and time, I just use my old mobile to take them, so sad. Probably next time I would prepare enough, really need back to work now, bye!
(they rest on my work place, oooooh.///)